Wednesday, January 6, 2010

the gold old days

Everyone always talks about the good old days. Being in the year 2010 "already" makes me think just how far ahead we really are. I was telling a friend recently how good it was to buy lunch in primary school. A sausage roll for 50c and a chocolate breaka for $1.10. Im so use to thinking old people ramble on about the price of tomatoes too much until recently I was in woolworths. There upon a pedastil I saw lettuce for $2.75. Freaking $2.75. They were the smallest crummiest letti? ive ever laid eyes on. I used to work at a grocer only about 10 years ago and they were like 60c for big juicy bastards. I then went to the lamb section (I consider myself a lamb expert), freaking $27.99 a kg. For fatty little lam cutlets. I was outraged, I made a vow to never return to woolworths ever again. Id rather pay 10 bucks more to some hobo who runs his own shop and get decent produce than pay some "please come into our lovely shop, buy heaps of crap and get the hell outta here" kinda store. Like the pack your own grocery isles they have as well. Your basically not saving any money and packing your own groceries. What about in 10 years time when its not 10% of the isles, its 80% percent of the isles, and your teenage son or daughter has a hard time finding a job.

Reverting back to what I was saying, heres some videos that make me, and hopefully you, remember the good old days. When the word political correctness didn't exist, and people thought global cooling was happening.





Also a song from the good olds

No comments:

Post a Comment

I agree Beally